Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Shadowz in Da Dark - Anthology




I think that Shadowz In Da Dark is one of the most mysterious NYC group from the 90s... Black Sun and Monochrome released plenty of good stuff during that era. Most of the tracks were produced by Nick Wiz, but only one physical 12" was released on a white label circa '97. 




... unfortunately an album never came out. I'm certainly not the only one person who can't understand that and I still hope the official album could see the light of day soon ! 
I was in contact with Black Sun for a moment but I don't know why he doesn't answer anymore... at least I hope all is well for him. Here is a comp of their best tracks made of Vinyl and CD rips, Demos, Freestyle ...




1 - Beyond The Shadow Of A Doubt (WKCR Demo)
2- 11:45
3 - Curb High Remix
4 - Final Chapter
5 - Bright Lights
6 - Curb High
7 - Break Fool
8 - Me and My Shadow
9 - Snake Charmers feat Shabaam Sahdeeq
10 - Shadow Boxing (Demo Pass)
11 - Shadow Boxing (Echo Pass)
12 - Untold Scrolls
13 - Black Clouds
14 - Flight 704
15 - Fatigez
16 - Journey Thru (Black Sun)
17 - Enslavement
18 - Crystal Dreams (Demo)
19 - Ready 4 the War feat Shabaam Sahdeeq (Demo)
20 - Shabaam Sahdeeq & Shadowz In Da Dark - Stretch & Bobbito Freestyle (Hot97 1996)


Props to Black Sun !
Big Up to Nathalie Antoine 

1 comment: