Monday, November 13, 2017

4 Iza Cru ‎- I Know Ya Style / Boriqua Skinz - 1995


12"- 1995 - Rukus Records 



In April, I blogged both tracks of this rare wax released on Rukus Records in 1995 but didn't have any information about this group. Since then, I've been in contact with M-Tri who produced the track "I know My Style" and he gave me some info about 4izacru :

"The members of 4izacru were Kid Dynamite, Cos, Steve Lover and DJ Furious. They were from Sunset Park Brooklyn, NY and were managed by Hot Dawg (Chubb Rock's dancer). I met them around 93/94. I worked with Kid Dynamite in a department store and we became cool. He told me him and his brother Cos were in a group and I played him some beats which led to working on "I Know Ya Style". They pressed that up with "Boriqua Skinz" as the flip side which was produced by Hot Dawg. I think they pressed up 500 copies. I produced another track for them that was supposed to be for their album. They also pressed another single "Boriqua Mameez". I lost touch with them around 1997. A few years ago I found out through a mutual friend that Steve Lover had passed away." - Courtesy of M-Tri

I'm sure it won't be a problem for you to listen to these tracks again !  R.I.P Steve Lover






Props to M-Tri


No comments:

Post a Comment